This series is created with the intention to train maximum number of health workers: Tribal, Rural or otherwise, across India. The tutorials cover crucial topics and vital information that will help the not-so educated tribal health workers, angan-wadi workers, mid-wives and new mothers to easily understand and grasp the most important aspects or practical details of a particular subject and/or situation. The tutorials are created using simple words for ease of understanding.
The entire series will be covered using graphics with simultaneous narration to help illustrate the respective topics with maximum clarity.
The outreach will be done using the dubbed tutorials in all Indian languages.
The motive is to provide access and opportunities for the Tribal and/ Rural Health workers and mothers to learn the basics of health and nutrition of a new-born baby to 2 year old ones.
The vision is to curb infant mortality and reach out to as many people as possible to spread awareness on Malnutrition. Read more
Foss : Health and Nutrition - English
Outline: 1. What is complementary feeding?
2. Introduction to complementary feeding
3. Energy requirements of 6 month old babies
4. Consistency of food for 6 month old babies
Outline: 1. Importance of introducing complementary foods to the baby
2. Importance of non-vegetarian complementary foods
3. Things to keep in mind while introducing non-vegetarian food t..
Outline: 1. Complementary feeding for 7 month old babies
a. Energy requirements
b. Type of food
c. Quantity of food
d. Frequency of food
e. Consistency of food
f. Addition of nutri..
Outline: 1. Importance of minerals in our diet
2. Contribution of Magnesium for good health
3. Causes of Magnesium deficiency
4. Symptoms of Magnesium deficiency
5. Increased risks due ..
Outline: 1. What is calcium?
2. Food sources of calcium
3. Cooking techniques to enhance calcium absorption
4. Preparation of calcium rich vegetarian recipes:
a. Sprouted Finger millet ..
Outline: 1. Calcium as an essential nutrient
2. Non-vegetarian sources of calcium
3. Vegetarian sources of calcium
4. Preparation of few calcium rich non-vegetarian recipes:
a) Dried sh..
Outline: 1. What is vitamin C?
2. Role of vitamin C in our body
3. Deficiency of vitamin C
4. Food sources of vitamin C
5. Effect of heat on vitamin C
6. Vitamin C rich recipes:
Outline: 1. What is breastfeeding
2. Importance of breastfeeding the baby within 1 hour of birth
3. Colostrum and its benefits
4. Importance of breastfeeding
5. Advantages of breastfeed..
Click here to view stats
Spoken Tutorial by IIT Bombay is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where stated otherwise Based on a work at https://spoken-tutorial.org. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://spoken-tutorial.org.